On November 5, 1872, Susan B. Anthony was arrested for voting in the presidential election. Oh yeah, and it’s also Guy Fawkes Night. So get out your effigies and fireworks and celebrate! (Note: I have never actually celebrated this.)
- Gender income inequality by state and county – In interactive map format. From Mindy.
- Chart: Almost Every Obama Conspiracy Theory Ever – Man, I cannot wait for this election to be over. From CriticalDragon1177.
- The Sentimental Origins of the Male Explanatory Reflex – From scribe999.
- Clear Eyes, Full Plates, Can’t Puke – Jon Ronson and Brian Finke explore the world of competitive eating.
- Why Do Sign Language Interpreters Look So Animated? – For everyone, especially those fascinated by Lydia Callis.
- The 9 Most Anti-Science Candidates in America
- My First New Yorker Cover – I’m a subscriber, so I found this fascinating.
- War on Women, Waged in Postcards: Memes From the Suffragist Era – Sound familiar?