Amanda

Amanda

Amanda is a science grad student in Boston whose favorite pastimes are having friendly debates and running amok.

Great Idea, Wrong Species

Happy Endings - The Final Twilight Movie Review

1. Avatar of Robert Parolin
    November 20, 2012 at 10:05 am —

the skateistan link isn’t working

2. Avatar of Mark Hall
    November 20, 2012 at 10:07 am —

Skateistan is not a link.

3. Avatar of Corvus
    November 20, 2012 at 11:43 am —

Next time I’m at something connish, I’m cosplaying as a Fake Geek Girl.

November 20, 2012 at 3:19 pm —

I want to do that! The irony is though that I don’t have nearly enough knowledge of the community to come up with an outfit that is wrong in an annoying enough way to get the message across.

4. Avatar of dtkgreg
    November 20, 2012 at 1:46 pm —

Don’t take away the best part about being a man: knowing you’re always right. Even if you lose an argument you can always tell yourself that you really were right, but just let her win because of her period.

That and societal acceptance of ostentatious facial hair.

November 20, 2012 at 3:42 pm —

I once read in a book that people that sometime around the 1800s it was socially unacceptable for men to have facial hair. So much so, that a person with facial hair might be assaulted. Even people in dire situations whose primary concern was basic survival counted shaving regularly as a necessity. It also said that this taboo disappeared quite suddenly and for reasons that are not well understood.

Personally, I think Grace Bedell sent letters to everybody and that did it.

November 22, 2012 at 4:05 am —

But I hate always being right. It makes left turns so complicated.

5. Avatar of nomaduk
    November 21, 2012 at 7:48 am —

The only way it survives at all is through a pure love of the game and a stubborn solidarity, the irrational enthusiasm of thousands of hockey-playing daughters protected by the sheer will of thousands of hockey-loving mothers.

I’m at a loss to see why this is in any way an inadequate reason.

6. Avatar of dr. dr. professor
    November 23, 2012 at 10:01 am —

There’s been a lack of trolls recently, what’s up with that?