I’m sorry that:
1. I haven’t posted in ages
2. I haven’t yet posted wrap-ups of my super awesome paranormal road trip with Jon Ronson & Richard Wiseman
3. I haven’t thanked everyone for the overwhelmingly positive feedback on my Slate article
Additionally, I’m sorry for the following things that happened at events in the past few weeks (I’ve been traveling pretty much non-stop). I’m sorry that:
1. I drank all the moonshine at the CSICon moonshine party (pictured)
2. I couldn’t wear my Wild Bill mustache (pictured) throughout the CSICon costume party because at one point it fell off and Richard Wiseman shoved it down his pants. Actually I’m not sorry about that but I thought I’d mention it in the hopes that Richard is sorry about it because that mustache really tied the whole costume together.
3. I was basically never at my CSICon merch table because I was constantly chatting with interesting people outside the conference room
4. I fell asleep at like 10pm on the last night of CSICon. I was very, very tired
5. I only left the speakers’ tent once during the blisteringly hot Florida Secular Rally, when someone tweeted to point out the fact that I wasn’t leaving the speakers’ tent
6. I marched out of the tent into the crowd, demanding to speak to Sean to prove I had left the tent
7. I ran back to the tent immediately after finding Sean
8. I ended my Skepticon talk by joking, “No more questions? Great, let’s just go to the bar.” I did not realize that a significant chunk of the audience would take me seriously and leave before seeing the last act of the day, Keith Lowell Jensen. Keith! I’m sorry!
9. I lost my voice by the time my talk was over, making me not very much fun for the rest of my time there
10. I haven’t had time to prep for or publicize my trip to the Australian Skeptics National Convention in Melbourne November 30 to December 2 or my following trip to New Zealand, where I’ll be speaking in Auckland on December 4, Wellington on December 6, and Christchurch on December 8. Details (and many more posts, I promise) to come soon!
Featured image by David Bloomberg on Facebook.