Skepchick Quickies 10.31
Happy Halloween! This is my favorite holiday of the year, but unfortunately I can’t participate tonight because I’ll be in class instead. Those of you who are dressing up, please tell me all about your awesome costumes! (Last year, my husband was Norman Bates’ mom and I was the shower scene from Psycho.)
- Bush’s FEMA Director During Katrina Criticizes Obama For Responding To Sandy Too Quickly – It seems that conservatives have a new talking point.
- After Sandy – A post about the healthcare crisis and the babies that had to be evacuated from the NYU hospital due to the hurricane. From Xeni.
- Things I will not do to my characters. Ever. – One author talks about the expectation of rape in fantasy novels. From Molly.
- The hair trade’s dirty secret – The exploitation behind the hair extension industry.
- #SignsYoSonIsGay Starts Trending On Twitter, And This Is How The Good People Of The Internet Responded – This warms my heart. From 9bar.