Today is the first day of October, which is my favorite month because of all of the corny Halloween decorations and events! Plus, New England is gorgeous in the fall. On this day in 1843, the News of the World began publication in London. The tabloid ended publication a year ago due to being implicated in the phone hacking scandal.
- Why Is Romney Campaigning on Medical Quackery? – From Buzz Parsec.
- ‘Gerontas Pastitsios’ Pastafarian Facebook Page Leads To Blasphemy Arrest In Greece – These stories make me so disheartened. From CriticalDragon1177.
- Creation Evidence Expo Report – Are you a survivor of the American holocaust? (Yes, this is a serious question for some people.)
- What Katie Didn’t Know – The Vanity Fair piece on Tom Cruise and Scientology. I brought popcorn for everyone.
- Couples who share the housework are more likely to divorce, study finds – I’m only sharing this because I’d like to hear what you all think. Frankly, I think it’s a bullshit study that probably overlooks confounding factors but I haven’t taken the time to analyze the methodology.
Are you looking for a good cause to support? Julia Burke is trying to raise money for Girls on the Run by running in the NYC marathon and she is only 1/3 of the way to her goal. Every penny counts! (Read more about the charity here.)