Skepchick Quickies 9.5
On September 5th, 1666, the Great Fire of London finally stopped. It had raged on for four days, destroying thousands of homes and 87 parish churches. The record states that only 6 people were killed but it was likely more than that because some people were probably completely cremated and the deaths of non-rich people generally weren’t recorded. You can read more about that here.
- The Duggars Aren’t Just a Family, They’re a Cult – An interesting analysis of the Duggar family life.
- The Stories Behind 20 Muppet Favorites
- The Woman Who Needed to Be Upside-Down - A man walked into an ER holding a woman by her ankles in order to keep her alive. This is not a joke.
- ALAN JONES: Women are ‘destroying the joint’ – In a very Limbaugh-esque moment, a broadcaster declares that he thinks women should not be in politics. From Tash.
- Obama and Romney Tackle 14 Top Science Questions – Spoiler alert: Romney mentions a “lack of scientific consensus” with regards to Global Warming. From Mark H.