I have thus far strongly resisted any suggestions to put my face anywhere near any merch. It’s just too egotistical, even for horrible, egotistical me. But yesterday, my good friend and Skepchick Technical Guru Maggie McFee sent the Mad Art Lab crew a design based on a thing I said on The Skeptics’ Guide to the Universe last week, and the artists demanded that it be plastered across their torsos immediately. I decided to comply, but with a limited edition shirt that will only be available for pre-order in the next two weeks:

THEM: “OMG Rebbecca Twatson is such an attention whoooore! She’s selling a t-shirt with her faaaace on iiiiit!”

ME: “YESSSSSS, LET THE HATE FLOW THROUGH YOU!”

When I Tweeted about this shirt this morning, a few people asked what to do about the fact that I change my hair color quite often. So, I made this PDF of hair that you can download, print, color in appropriately, and then stick to the shirt as needed! YOU’RE WELCOME. (EDIT: Over on Facebook, Ema Ryan contributed this galactic version of my hair, if you prefer.)

With the (temporary) arrival of a new t-shirt, we’ve also put our old SkepchickDogma Disrupter” raygun tees on sale for just $15!

Rebecca Watson

Rebecca Watson

Rebecca leads a team of skeptical female activists at Skepchick.org and appears on the weekly Skeptics' Guide to the Universe podcast. She travels around the world delivering entertaining talks on science, atheism, feminism, and skepticism. There is currently an asteroid orbiting the sun with her name on it. You can follow her every fascinating move on Twitter or on Google+.

YOU Can Make Science Happen

Things To Do When The Internet Makes You Enraged

1. Profile photo of Imitation Demigod
    September 12, 2012 at 12:15 pm —

What do we do when you cut your hair?!?!

(the poster formerly known as Rev Matt)

2. Profile photo of Ken
    September 12, 2012 at 12:24 pm —

Love the shirt design! Keep up the good fight Rebecca!

… so ummm, is that guy in the blue dogma disrupter shirt wearing a power balance (or equivalent) band? Doh!

• Profile photo of Buzz Parsec
      September 13, 2012 at 5:55 pm —

TV star Joshie is wearing the exact equivalent of a Power Band bracelet. It’s a Placebo Band bracelet, made in the same factory of the same materials, except it says “Placebo” on it. It’s guaranteed to work just as well as a Power Band, but it only costs 4 bucks, part of which goes to support skeptical activism. (I think they chip in a dollar for each bracelet.)

3. Profile photo of Praedico
    September 12, 2012 at 12:27 pm —

I couldn’t really afford it right now, but I ordered one anyway, for it is awesome and I want one.

@Ken: it could be a Placebo™ band :)

• Profile photo of Ken
      September 12, 2012 at 12:43 pm —

Oh ya! Placebo bands! phew! hehe

• Profile photo of Rebecca Watson
      September 12, 2012 at 1:20 pm —

That’s Joshie Berger and I asure you, it is most definitely a placebo band!

• Profile photo of Rebecca Watson
        September 12, 2012 at 1:20 pm —

Also, thanks for ordering!

• Profile photo of Buzz Parsec
        September 13, 2012 at 5:58 pm —

Oops, should have read the rest of the comments…

On the other hand, if only one mention was needed, then there would only have ever been one Gieco commercial…

4. Profile photo of captaintripps
    September 12, 2012 at 1:08 pm —

Way better than my “Their hate makes me poo myself” underoos.

5. Profile photo of DebGod
    September 12, 2012 at 1:14 pm —

(I’d say that technically, your face is not even on it.) :)

6. Profile photo of dr. dr. professor
    September 12, 2012 at 2:22 pm —

Can I vote that we have another version of the “hate makes me stronger” shirt where you are standing above a crowd of cowering people with lightning bolts shooting out of your eyes?

7. Profile photo of zylla
    September 12, 2012 at 4:23 pm —

I laughed when you said that on SGU, I loved it. This is a cool T, and very nicely designed. =}

• Profile photo of SandraMcEwen
      September 12, 2012 at 4:56 pm —

So did I! It was such a great moment…

I, personally, vote for an action figure.

8. Profile photo of Jack99
    September 12, 2012 at 5:19 pm —

Could NOT resist it, ordered one! Hope it fits…

Of course you’ve seen this, Rebecca:

Some good ideas there!

9. Profile photo of emsk
    September 12, 2012 at 8:37 pm —

(This is Ema that posted the galactic version)

That image (the Orion nebula) is part of the NASA public domain collection, so print away guilt free people! :)

10. Profile photo of Jack_Gladney
    September 12, 2012 at 8:54 pm —

Joshie Berger looks way different than I imagined–not in a bad way. It’s just that everyone else I’ve heard on the SGU looks pretty much identical to how they sound. Dude’s got some fashionable stubble to go with his fashionable t-shirt.

Should we recognize the model in the bottom photo?

11. Profile photo of Shockwave
    September 13, 2012 at 2:31 pm —

You could trim the hair on the t-Shirt, and make the glasses really big, and rename it to appear to be Darth Skepticus.

12. Profile photo of Grimalkin
    September 13, 2012 at 3:54 pm —

Holy shit I need that shirt.

Just, wow.

Also, clearly hair color is not an issue, as the color on the shirt is blue, and I have blue hair, and as such that is two data points for blue hair being the best feminist hair that there is.

…dammit. I’ve already been thinking about getting something from wearscience, if this keeps up my entire wardrobe is going to be clothing ordered from the internet.

13. Profile photo of Buzz Parsec
    September 14, 2012 at 12:45 am —

Vague image of a humanoid face on a piece of cloth… That’s unpossible. It must be a miracle.

14. Profile photo of Anthony Jeffries
    September 14, 2012 at 3:56 am —

I love it! And I love how you change your hair color.

Please keep up the good work, btw…I am a regular reader of your blog and you give me hope for humanity. Thank you. I know certain people give you so much crap just for standing up for basic rights, but please keep doing so. You are on the right side of history.

15. Profile photo of Millicent
    September 15, 2012 at 4:16 pm —

I ordered. I admire you for taking on all this shit, Rebecca. Thank you.

16. Profile photo of LunarDelta
    September 16, 2012 at 9:33 am —

Ordered it the moment I saw it. Can’t wait to try it on. You rock and keep up the awesome work!

17. Profile photo of ufischer
    September 17, 2012 at 6:37 pm —

The band should be banned. It interferes with wrist circulation… unless you’ve got really skinny arms.

18. Profile photo of Miriam Mogilevsky
    October 23, 2012 at 6:57 pm —

Any word on when these will ship? :) :) :)

• Profile photo of Jack99
      October 27, 2012 at 2:07 am —

I got mine yesterday.
      I was thrilled with the pattern.

Only trouble is, I had forgotten how big US sizes are and it’s 2 sizes too big (4x). Looks like a caftan on me – damn shame.

Anybody want to do a swap – I need a 2x?

I suppose it’s too late to order another?