Skepchick Quickies 8.6
Mary August 6, 2012
On this date in 1945, the first atomic bomb ever used during war, the Little Boy, was dropped on Hiroshima. I don’t have much else to say about this except that there is an excellent photo series here to check out.
- GaymerCon is the first gaming and tech convention with a focus on LGBT geek culture – This is the link to the Kickstarter for this awesome idea. From Will.
- The Hidden Cost of Hamburgers
- Double Jeopardy – In China, the rich and powerful can hire body doubles to do their prison time for them.
- Photographic Coverage of Olympic Beach Volleyball – Ever notice a difference in the way men and women Olympians are photographed?
- Study: Proof That We Sexually Objectify Women – Read through the study and conduct your own review in the comments. From Amy.
- Would You Rather Win Silver Or Bronze? (Be Careful What You Wish For)
Mary Brock is a scientist who works on drugs you've hopefully never heard of. She enjoys cooking to Blue Grass music, messing with her cats, and hosting the Boston Skeptics' Book Club. She was born in the South but loves living in New England (despite the lack of chocolate chip pizza). Mary does not use Twitter and don't even try to follow her, because she is always looking over her shoulder.