Skepchick Quickies 8.31
- Severe calorie restrictions probably don’t prolong life – A good example of how experimental design affects outcomes.
- How would a rape exception work? (Hint: It wouldn’t) – From Brad.
- A challenger appears for the “fake geek girl” meme – Dark Horse Comics editor Rachel Edidin was tired of this meme, so she turned it around, “presuming that the pictured girl is pretending to like nerdy things in order to get attention, presumes that the girl actually knows her stuff and is tired of people assuming she doesn’t because of her gender.”
- Tomatoes vs. ketchup – Atheists lose!
- Cute Animal Friday! Baby seal enters house, sleeps on couch from Melissa. Monster larva mystery solved, from Michael. Baby hairy-nosed wombat!