On August 22nd, 565 CE, the earliest known allegation of a “monster” in the River Ness was reported by St. Columbia. Of course, you all know what happens to that story hundreds of years later. In science history, in 1989 the first ring of Neptune was discovered via Voyager 2. (And now I have the Interplanet Janet song in my head.)
- Video: Tool-Making Bonobos Give Glimpse of Human Origins – I’m not sure why but I have an instinctual love for all things Bonobo-related. From cerberus40.
- Tech Confessional: The Googler Who Looked At The Worst Of The Internet
- Why Passwords Have Never Been Weaker—and Crackers Have Never Been Stronger
- The Cost of a Logo – For the graphics and typeface geeks. Clearly I’m in the wrong business.
- After Getting Funded, Some Kickstarter Projects Stall – For some entrepreneurs, getting money is not the biggest hurdle.
- Bonus Wednesday Laughs: Dog Shaming (From nowoo) and 53 ‘Arrested Development’ Jokes You Probably Missed