Skepchick Quickies 7.27
- Whooping cough epidemic in Alberta, Canada – Their vaccination rate is below the level that can maintain herd immunity, as low as 62% in some areas. Once again, GET VACCINATED and tell everyone you know to GET VACCINATED. From Angela.
- Let’s end the FPS sausage-fest – First person shooter style games are notably devoid of playable female characters. Here’s a video that addresses the “Making female characters would be too much extra work” response in a humorous way.
- There’s no shame in being a male feminist – There’s only horrible people who will try and make you feel ashamed.
- The Occam’s razor game for kids – From Vanessa.
- Cute Animal Friday! Cat vs. singing birthday card. Kazakhstan’s rocket gopher, from nowoo. And baby otters aptly named after Olympic swimmers.