Skepchick Quickies 6.8
- Abortion qualms on morning-after pill may be unfounded – Because it doesn’t appear to prevent implantation, instead it prevents fertilization and ovulation. Not that anti-abortion, anti-birth control, anti-sex people pay attention to science.
- Backlash against Anita of Feminist Frequency for fundraising to do a video series on female tropes in video games – How dare she try to promote calm, rational discussion about sexism. From Amelia.
- Why do people hate Black Widow? – Because they’re too used to pretty-women-as-sex-objects and missed how she’s a whole character (with flaws, even!) in this movie.
- Tip: Don’t try to commit adultery with someone who’s live-tweeting to 13,000 followers – Delicious, delicious schadenfreude.
- Cute Animal Friday! A chicken that looks like James Randi, from Kevin. Tiny pig overcomes his fear of stairs to get a bowl of delicious oatmeal, from Jamie and Nowoo. And 32 weird, adorable photos from Emory.
Unless otherwise stated, this work is licensed under a Creative Commons License permitting non-commercial sharing with attribution to Skepchick.org.