Skepchick Quickies 6.15
- Testing female athletes to make sure they’re feminine enough is not cool, scientists say – Two facts of note: “The root of the issue stems from the fact that women naturally produce testosterone at different levels,” and “Moreover, it’s not known what typical testosterone levels even are for elite female athletes.”
- Two female Michigan lawmakers silenced after vagina, abortion comments – “Brown wondered whether she was being silenced because of her comments that bill was forcing others’ religious beliefs on her or that she used the word “vagina, which is an anatomically medically correct term. If they are going to legislate my anatomy, I see no reason why I cannot mention it.””
- That squid on your plate could inseminate your mouth – You can blame Maria for passing on this new horrible knowledge.
- Lara Croft attempted rape will make players want to “protect” her – From Alyssa.
- Cute Animal Friday! No squid, promise. One sleepy kitten, one persistent kitten. This is Romeo, a reader’s cat who’s in a cute photo contest. And to continue the feline theme, a bobcat kitten (bobkitten?) cuddling with a fawn.