Skepchick Quickies 5.18
- Texas’s war on history – “Christian-nationalist zealots are trying to rewrite US history, airbrush slavery and enshrine creationism in Texas schools.” An article by this month’s Skepchick book club author. From Buzz Parsec.
- When a blow to the head creates a sudden genius – “Brain injuries can sometimes reveal extraordinary talents in people. Now, savant syndrome is helping to create whole new fields of scientific discovery.”
- The strange case of the vampire burial in Venice – Yes, but does this method work on sparkly vampires?
- Lowest difficulty setting follow up – Elyse posted the original article earlier this week. Here’s Scalzi’s response to some of the comments he’s gotten.
- Cute Animal Friday! The greatest animal photobombers of all time, from nowoo. A smiling sloth. And snuggling otters!