Sort of late notice, but I just wanted to remind you all that today is the day that women and men are marching in cities around the US to protest the Religious Right’s War on Women. Find out about events near you here. Unrelated anti-anti-caturday video after the jump!

Rebecca Watson

Rebecca Watson

Rebecca leads a team of skeptical female activists at Skepchick.org and appears on the weekly Skeptics' Guide to the Universe podcast. She travels around the world delivering entertaining talks on science, atheism, feminism, and skepticism. There is currently an asteroid orbiting the sun with her name on it. You can follow her every fascinating move on Twitter or on Google+.

Is it still plagiarism if you copy yourself?

Ask Surly Amy: Epsom Salt Soaks

1. Profile photo of Louis Doench
    April 28, 2012 at 3:13 pm —

Come now Rebecca… I expected better out of a so called "Skeptic" website to give itself over to teh Democrat Party's bogus "War on Women". Do you take your "talking points" straight from the White House or do the filter their dirty money through George Soros. Why don't you go ahead and change your website to "Liberal-chick" dot-com so we all know that you're really just a front for re-electing "Dear Leader" . </sarcasm>
    Check out the comments at Daylight Atheism's post on this same subject for why I felt the need to say this… now I'm going to go scrub my brain with whiskey…
    Seriously… sarcasm… really.

• Profile photo of Rebecca Watson
      April 28, 2012 at 4:27 pm —

We got a live one here everybody (on Daylight Atheism’s comments, I mean, not Blotz!)!

I hope they come over here. *sharpens claws*

• Profile photo of Grand Lunar
      April 28, 2012 at 9:40 pm —

That's an excellent article there, including stories it links to as well.
      Information like that needs to get out to more people. They might learn something.

• Profile photo of Pseudonym
      May 2, 2012 at 4:11 am —

On a more serious note, I often wonder if we should all retire the “war” metaphor. I’m not convinced that using it makes the world a better place. There have to be better ways to frame this.

2. Profile photo of Grand Lunar
    April 28, 2012 at 3:33 pm —

Why do they have to have you log into Facebook to see the events?
    Not everyone has it and not everyone wants it!

I feel I'm behind enemy lines, if not a POW, in the war against women, being that I live in a house of religous conservitives (the type that see the Catholic church as being victimized, to boot).
    And that the ones in the house that often participate in the war against women are women (my aunt and grandmother).
    Quite a quandry, I think.

What is one to do?

Lead the fight, Rebecca. And long live the fighters!

3. Profile photo of cpolsonb
    April 29, 2012 at 11:00 pm —

Check out one of the chants from the atheists against muslim protesters #relevant