Skepchick Quickies 4.13
- Screen uncovers hidden ingredients of Chinese medicine – "Chinese herbal medicines contain ingredients derived from endangered animals, toxic plants and livestock, a genetic audit has discovered. Few of these ingredients were listed on the packaging." From Ron.
- The girl geek community is hidden, ever wonder why? – On cons: "I was mostly ignored, I was just yet another person in the masses churning round the rugby stadium temporarily converted into a sci-fi haven. But then I started dressing up with my friend. Suddenly things weren’t quite so fun and innocent."
- Indian politicians place $2000 bounty on marauding vampires – "The villages around the Indian town of Dharmapuri are in the midst of an unusual problem. Unsubstantiated reports of vampires draining cattle have frightened entire communities such that residents are staying off the streets after sunset."
- Busty girl problems – Cute, but my personal favorite in the series so far is this one about how other people react to busty girls. From nowoo.
- Cute Animal Friday! Perhaps the teeniest tiniest puppy in the world, named Beyonce. The music in this video of peacock spiders just kills me (from Otoki). And from Jamie, a baby hippo learns to swim.