Skepchick Quickies 3.23
- New app to help prevent sexual violence – "Cirlce Of 6 allows you to pick six friends whom you can easily contact when you need help. Text messages are prewritten into the app with messages like “call and pretend you need me, I need an interruption” and “come and get me, I need help going home safely.”"
- Arizona Republican wants to force women to witness an abortion before having one – "Personally I’d like to make a law that mandates a woman watch an abortion being performed prior to having a “surgical procedure”. If it’s not a life it shouldn’t matter, if it doesn’t harm a woman then she shouldn’t care, and don’t we want more transparency and education in the medical profession anyway?"
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali: from Muslim "infidel" to mother – "I'm just going to tell my son, in regards to morality, once he's old enough to understand, that there are people who think there is a God, and there are different gods, and there are people who think there is no God, and there are different forms of atheism."
- Why "civil disobedience" isn't the answer in this case – Amanda Marcotte responds to the post "A doctor on transvaginal ultrasounds."
- Cute Animal Friday! From Paul, a baby elephant plays at the beach. We all know how cute otters and sloths are, well today we offer both in one article! And a kitten freaking out at apples from nowoo.