Amanda

Amanda

Amanda is a science grad student in Boston whose favorite pastimes are having friendly debates and running amok.

Ask Surly Amy: Underwire Bras and Cancer

Reason Rally, American Atheist Convention and Rock Beyond Belief

1. Avatar of utakata
    March 20, 2012 at 10:19 am —

Look Mom…
    *Does an abdominal crunch*
    …hands free masturbation! And works off the World of Warcraft pot belly to boot! o.O

March 20, 2012 at 11:36 am —

One commentor on that article seems to agree, she says:
      //The minute I walk into the gym I have a DOORgasam. My instructor is not very motivating so I have a BOREgasam. Me and my three workout partners have a FOURgasam especially when we discuss Global Warming and then we have a MULTIPLE GOREgasam. I can never get enough so I have a MOREgasam. The 99% have POORgasams. When we become overly loud, or my pet lion is involved we have ROARgasams. The herpes crowd have SOREgasams and the extremely overweight have pants that TOREgasams.//

March 20, 2012 at 1:32 pm —

Sounds like one of Tim Kazurinski's routines from Saturday Night Live!  I loved those…

2. Avatar of dtkgreg
    March 20, 2012 at 10:23 am —

This should affect our choices in sexual positions in the future.

3. Avatar of quantheory
    March 20, 2012 at 10:36 am —

I'm happy to say that the chance of the fetal homocide bill passing in our Senate is extremely low. This, at least, is just election year grandstanding. (If only the same could be said of all such bills!) There is a lot of this stuff in CO due to the presence of Focus on the Family and megachurches, but those interests don't have much sway with the Senate Dems here (or even all the Republicans, particularly some Republican women, although, again, there's election year pressure).
    What really gets me though, is that when a house committee killed our civil unions bill in committee, they justified that by pointing to a ballot measure that had failed in 2006 and said that civil unions were clearly not "the will of the people". But a fetal homocide bill, right after voters roundly rejected the idea that a fetus is a person at the polls? Now they don't care about the "will of the people". I guess the will of the people only counts when it matches the party line.

4. Avatar of fifilamour
    March 20, 2012 at 10:54 am —

Kind of amazing that Kegel exercises aren't mentioned once in that article on exercise and orgasm, talk about a terrible piece of journalism that unnecessarily mystifies female orgasm by ommitting the fact that it's hardly news that core exercises are linked to orgasm!

5. Avatar of zylla
    March 20, 2012 at 1:37 pm —

"Time flies like an arrow.  Fruit flies like a banana." – Groucho Marx.