Victor, Mad Art Labber Victor, spoke at the Reason Rally last weekend in DC. I am sad to have missed this… because he was incredible.

And I'm a little intimidated to talk about how amazing this is because I don't know if my little blogger words can do justice to Victor's inspiring poet words. In under 5 minutes, he delivered one of the most powerful speeches I've heard advocating for non-believers.

Love you, Victor! On behalf of everyone at MAL and Skepchick, I want to say that we are incredibly proud of you and to have you on our team.

Originally posted at MadArtLab.com

Elyse

Elyse

Elyse MoFo Anders is the bad ass behind forming the Women Thinking, inc and the superhero who launched the Hug Me! I'm Vaccinated campaign as well as podcaster emeritus, writer, slacktivist extraordinaire, cancer survivor and sometimes runs marathons for charity. You probably think she's awesome so you follow her on twitter.

Science isn't Science if It's about Abortion

1. Avatar of Danielle
    March 27, 2012 at 2:30 pm —

Mikey, my three-year-old son, when I finished watching this: "Mommy, why you crying?  You have an owie?"
    Me: "No, baby.  I'm just happy."
    Mikey: "Why?"
    Me: "Well, I think things are going to be a lot easier for you than they were for me."
    Mikey: <long pause> "Can I have some gummies?"
    I think he gets it.

2. Avatar of scribe999
    March 27, 2012 at 2:47 pm —

He was great! Everything was great! Except I'm still drying out.

3. Avatar of Kammy
    March 27, 2012 at 10:55 pm —

That was amazing and inspiring and it made me feel all "fuckyeah!!!" and I'm crying, too. Thank you, Victor, for your words and your heart. *mwah*

4. Avatar of peon
    March 28, 2012 at 1:11 pm —

"Children should be taught to think critically about what they hear, what they see, and what they believe."–this one really hit home for me. Think I got a little something in my eye!

5. Avatar of prtsimmons
    March 29, 2012 at 4:58 pm —

Beautiful. Normally, the wind noise and low sound quality would have stopped me about 10 seconds into a video like that (wish there was a transcript), but I couldn't stop listening. I wish there were a lot more people like Victor out there.

6. Avatar of Victor
    March 30, 2012 at 3:26 pm —

Thanks for comments, you all are the reason I started writing more atheist/skeptical themed poems.

7. Avatar of aki
    March 31, 2012 at 10:12 am —

Thank you, for words that inspire.  I wish I could come up with the words when I need them. Mostly, I read, and this was my first rally.  Now, I'm de-lurking just to offer pictures in appreciation.  You rock.  http://www.humanistsociety.net/reasonrally.html

April 2, 2012 at 4:51 pm —

Thank you for the compliment and the images aki! All the pics look great!