Skepchick Quickies 12.9
- Mary Sue, what are you? Or why the concept of Sue is sexist – Via the completely awesome and not sexist, The Mary Sue.
- Rats free trapped friends, hint at universal empathy – From cerberus40.
- Petition to pardon computer pioneer Alan Turing started – From Donnie.
- CNN ireport assignment: A holiday season without religion? – “Nonbelief is on the rise. Experts predict that faith in a higher power will eventually disappear from the West, and Americans who are unaffiliated with any religious tradition are the fastest growing “religious” group in the country. If you’re an atheist, agnostic, or nonbeliever of any stripe, we want to know: How do you celebrate the holidays, if at all?” Via the ever-awesome atheist group on Ravelry.
- Cute Animal Friday! Kung-fu geckos are cute and badass, from Maria and nowoo. A dog protecting some bunny babies from Adam. And Natalie would like you all to awww at the cuteness of the puppy below the fold.