Jen

Jen

Jen is a writer and web designer/developer in Columbus, Ohio. She spends too much time on Twitter at @antiheroine.

AI: Marketing to Women Now with 83% More Stupid!

Part II: The Academia Food Chain

1. Avatar of marilove
    December 21, 2011 at 11:30 am —

This is an amazing read as well and everyone should read it:

One teachers approach to preventing gender bullying in a classroom

2. Avatar of scribe999
    December 21, 2011 at 11:48 am —

I’m more impressed with the toast of Turin: http://www.amazon.com/Burnt-Impressions-jesus247-Jesus-Toaster/dp/B0042QRYO8

Sacrilecious!

3. Avatar of mrwilson41
    December 21, 2011 at 12:00 pm —

Title: Shroud Of Turin, Jesus’ Proposed Burial Cloth, Is Authentic, Italian Study Suggests.

Article: Shroud Of Turin, Jesus’ Proposed Burial Cloth, May Not Be Authentic, Italian Study Suggests.

I still don’t understand why carbon dating is considered controversial except in the fact that it goes against confirmation bias.

4. Avatar of mrmisconception
    December 21, 2011 at 3:10 pm —

Apparently we’re still discussing whether or not the Shroud of Turin is authentic.

Well, no actually. The only ones who are still discussing it are those who are hoping against hope that it is authentic, those who have objectively looked at the evidence believe it to most likely be a 14th century fraud that was passed off as a relic; impressive in its own right but not the Halloween costume that turned Jesus into the Holy Ghost.

I got a rock!

5. Avatar of mrmisconception
    December 21, 2011 at 3:16 pm —

OK, someone has to say it;

*Ahem*

I love Siemens.

For doing this, and congrats to Zhang too. Rock on with your bad self!

6. Avatar of Skepotter
    December 21, 2011 at 4:48 pm —

Living in British Columbia, I’ve been watching the RCMP self destruct for a long time now. When I was a kid, most people respected them, even when they had habits that drew police attention. Nowadays, it’s very hard to find anyone, no matter how straight and narrow, who doesn’t think the RCMP is a dysfunctional organization.

The sexual harrassment thing started surfacing a few weeks ago, and I am not at all surprised to see it beginning to snowball. I hope every misogynistic asshole gets outed, and I think the percentage there is much higher than in the general population.

I think it’s gotten to the point where the RCMP needs to implode before it can start to fix itself.

There are still some good men and women there, but the situation is getting worse, not better. The good people on the inside can’t fix it themselves.

7. Avatar of knitty
    December 21, 2011 at 9:31 pm —

Hear hear Skepotter!

8. Avatar of JOHNEA13
    December 22, 2011 at 5:10 pm —

Scientists should take some blood from the Shroud of Turin and clone it repeatedly so every Christian church can have its own Jesus in the congregation. I saw a cartoon a while back where some scientists did clone some of stuff from the shroud. They anxiously awaited the results when to their shock out popped….. a can of paint.