Skepchick Quickies 12.12
Hey y’all! Covering quickies today so you’re going to get things like this:
- George Takei brokers Star Peace and warns of the dangers of Twilight. This may be my favorite thing on the Internet this year. (via Glenn… or actually, his wife)
- Calamities of Nature have a new take on the Peanut’s Christmas Special (via Gerald)
- Abortion ‘does not raise’ mental health risk (via Lesley) “The evidence shows though that whether these women have abortions – or go on to give birth – their risk of having mental health problems will not increase. They carry roughly equal risks.”
- Atheists donate an overwhelming amount to Doctors without Borders (via Agranulocytosis) “Many donations were tagged with messages such as “Because god won’t”, “Good without god” or even “Good without Zeus”"
- Men’s magazines and rapists appear to use language indistinguishable from each other (via Cara) “Many of the rapists quoted in the study talked about coercing women or having sex with them even though they were initially unwilling. However, so did the lad mags.”