Skepchick Quickies 10.7
- It’s Ada Lovelace Day! – If you want to participate by writing about a woman in technology, check out this amazing list of ideas by the The Ada Initiative.
- Yet another shirt with a degrading message on it – Oh hey, it’s even on sale, lucky us!
- Are women leaving men behind? – From John, and here’s the answer from Bug Girl: New research busts myth about gender gap.
- Breast cancer’s mixed narrative – “For years, women were taught the necessity of early detection for breast cancer based on the notion that breast cancer is a relentlessly progressive disease that will inevitably kill you if you don’t remove it in time…But it turns out that this mental model of breast cancer is wrong.”
- Cute Animal Friday! Nowoo would like us all to learn some math this morning, with these husky puppies that are an example of a packing problem.And when they say flame-haired baby langur, they mean flame-haired.