Skepchick Quickies 8.5
- Monkeys hate flying squirrels, report monkey-annoyance experts – Found by Maria, via.
- Push to talk: The tricky business of being a woman on vent – Becky Chambers has had a mostly positive experience being a woman gamer, but didn’t just stop there and assume that her experience meant that all of gaming has gotten more woman-friendly.
- Human cells a chimera of ancient life – The idea of ancient prokaryotes merging to form eukaryotic cells is an old one. But now we know that the proteins coded by each of the ancient parent cells still mostly interact with each other. From Ryan.
- We’re all cyborgs now – From Mark.
- Cute Animal Friday! Baby tiger and chimp are best friends, from Will. Baby elephant with prosthetic foot, from Maria. And how about a baby okapi to round things out?