EventsSkepticism

Bringing (even) more people to TAM9

Here at Skepchick, we love to bring new faces into the skeptical community. So when I saw this message from Healthy Addict about a plan to get Eastern European YouTube-r ZOMGItsCriss to TAM9 and hopefully put together an ongoing program for bringing international skeptics to TAM, I had to share!

Check it out and chip in, if you can. It’s a great cause!

Masala Skeptic

Masala Skeptic

Maria Walters (a.k.a. Masala Skeptic) has spent a lot of time in ‘furrin parts,’ including Hong Kong, Trinidad, and Pittsburgh. Although her passport is from India, she’s spent most of her adult life in the United States. She currently lives in Atlanta and has an unhealthy affection for science fiction, Neil Gaiman and all things Muppet.

In Case You Missed It: June 26-July 2 on the Skepchick Network

Dear Richard Dawkins...

1. July 6, 2011 at 3:29 pm —

Wow, this is a great cause, and we will certainly chip in. It would be great to meet Criss at TAM :)

2. July 6, 2011 at 8:56 pm —

Dawkins will be there. I cannot support any forum event that celebrates a sexist.

3. July 7, 2011 at 4:49 am —

Oh, come on jansob. This isn’t about Dawkins; it’s about ZOMGItsCriss, who as you probably already know, is not Richard Dawkins. Also, I don’t think Dawkins is necessarily sexist (I could be wrong), but rather a bit clueless with regards to the recent situation with Rebecca. He’s teachable…I hope. Besides, how can you not be enthused by Ashley’s (healthy addict’s) vlog? Ashley would not support something unless it was legit and worthwhile. I wish I could afford to chip in, but am unable. Perhaps you are able, but it is your decision. I’m not trying to coerce, but rather pointing out significant facts.

All the best!
    satan a.

4. July 9, 2011 at 4:24 pm —

Thank you, Laursaurus. I tried to post about ZOMGitscriss’s disgusting anti-feminism, but it was not approved.

5. July 11, 2011 at 12:14 am —

That linked video in the comments is very disappointing.

6. July 13, 2011 at 8:21 pm —

Is it just me, or does Ashley bare a striking resemblance to Jewel Staite, of Firefly and Stargate: Atlantis fame?