Happy Valentine’s Day to all you sexy, sexy readers. Jen wanted to bring you a lovely bouquet of Quickies this morning, but she’s busy genetically altering roses to phosphoresce when you plug them into a USB port. Let’s get down to business, shall we? THE BUSINESS OF LOVE.
- Is true love rational? Sally Feldman gives you talking points for when you want to pick up that hottie at your next local humanist meeting.
- New Egg has changed their shitastic Valentine’s promotion so the girl gets to be the geek. They must read the Quickies, too. (Thanks, Tim)
- Friend of Skepchick Phil “The Bad Astronomer” Plait has a gallery of heart-shaped astronomical images. Hate Valentine’s Day? Go tell him how unscientific he’s being since that’s not what a heart looks like and anyway if you looked at it from another angle it would probably look like a skull.
- Planning to smoke a little bud before engaging in romantic entanglements this evening? If you have a penis, you might want to think twice. (SFW, promise!)
- Woo your sweetheart with an awesome Robocop-themed Valentine, courtesy of Dresden Codak‘s Aaron Diaz.
- Finally, do you really hate Valentine’s Day? Channel that into something good by naming a Madagascar hissing cockroach after the person of your choice! It’s only $10 and it helps out the excellent Bronx Zoo.
That should have a little something for everybody. Happy VD!