Skepchick Quickies 8.27
- The relevance of a doctor’s religion – A great article by Evan Harris about the “oh noes, your atheist doctor will kill you!” reporting that Carrie wrote about here.
- How free speech works – Everyone’s offended, whee! From Steve D.
- Is the sun emitting a mystery particle? – Constant decay rates aren’t being constant. From Steve T.
- Tracking bird flu one poop at a time – “Scientists have trained mice to identify the poop of ducks infected with avian influenza, chemical ecologist Bruce Kimball reported Aug. 24 at the American Chemical Societyâ€™s fall meeting.” Trained poop-sniffing mice?! Science is awesome!
- Cute Animal Friday! A corgi practices his diving skills, from Ellen. Monkey adopts a kitten, from Dave. And itty bitty frogs live inside pitcher plants, from Elyse.