Skepchick Quickies 7.16
- Teens using digital drugs to get high – From PrimevilKneivel and Josh. Sam pointed out that they must not read Skepchick in Oklahoma.
- Retrying 17th century alchemy – “Indiana University science historian William Newman built a 17th century laboratory to recreate the work of alchemists.” From Isaah.
- First malaria-proof mosquito created by scientists – “The University of Arizona team reported that their genetically modified mosquitoes are immune to the malaria-causing parasite, a single-cell organism called Plasmodium.” From Filias Cupio.
- TEDWomen – A new program from TED focused on “revealing the ideas of women and girls worldwide.” From Dan.Â
- Cute Animal Friday! Elyse is right, the only thing wrong with this 6 minute video of a baby otter being cute is that it isn’t 7 minutes long. And Dawn has shared a bunch of photos of the first 120 days of a panda cub.