Skepchick Quickies 11.20
- New “reversible” paralysis rays turn victims blue, flaccid – Nope, not making it up, that really is the headline. From Zapski.
- Muslim countries seek blasphemy ban – “Documents obtained by The Associated Press show that Algeria and Pakistan have taken the lead in lobbying to eventually bring the proposal to a vote in the U.N. General Assembly.”Â From James Fox.
- Girls can be scientists, say women scientists – A group of women scientists wrote in to The Guardian in response to an article which said that girls should be ‘realisitic’ about careers.
- Whole lotta crazy – Sydney found this shining example of flu-related conspiracy theoryism.
- Cute Animal Friday! First we have invisible!gecko from Middleman. A couple videos from Sara: Affectionate cat distracts police officer and seagull shoplifter steals crisps.Â Lastly, a dangerously cute hamster from Emory.