But THIS guy, he might be for real!

Rebecca Watson

Rebecca Watson

Rebecca leads a team of skeptical female activists at Skepchick.org and appears on the weekly Skeptics' Guide to the Universe podcast. She travels around the world delivering entertaining talks on science, atheism, feminism, and skepticism. There is currently an asteroid orbiting the sun with her name on it. You can follow her every fascinating move on Twitter or on Google+.

Blog changes

New kid on the blogs

1. Avatar of exarch
    January 21, 2008 at 4:27 am —

To be really honest, a third column is missing with "untested". Sadly, that's undoubtably the largest column, and it would obscure the point of the comic as well.

But the mouseover-text already makes that clear anyway …

2. Avatar of Tracy King
    January 21, 2008 at 7:23 am —

Yay! Thanks for sharing. XKCD roolz. I really want this for my new wallpaper, but I can't let go of my existing wallpaper which is this one: http://www.xkcd.com/284/

3. Avatar of Rav Winston
    January 21, 2008 at 7:31 am —

Ha-ha! I have three of his t-shirts. I love the battle-cry "Stand back! I'm going to try SCIENCE!!"

Yeah, I love XKCD. It was the Bad Astronomer who turned me on to him, long, long ago.

4. Avatar of neverclear5
    January 21, 2008 at 7:39 am —

I use a slide show of the genius of XKCD as my screensaver. Obviousely as a physics geek this is my favorite:

5. Avatar of TrueNorthCook
    January 21, 2008 at 9:01 am —

I was going to send this and then realized it would likely be here already.

This is likely my favorite (tied with the one linked above):

6. Avatar of OneLess
    January 21, 2008 at 9:38 am —

The number of people in the xkcd message board thread about this comic that are arguing for woo woo makes my head hurt :(

7. Avatar of exarch
    January 21, 2008 at 2:58 pm —

I own 4 of his T-shirts (my favorite being "SCIENCE, it works bitches").

I'm currently actually wearing the "my normal approach is useless here".

I would link the shirts if his store hadn't been down for over a week now. I actually could have used the background radiation link from that first shirt for the discussion about the big bang with our new fundie friend.

Woo in XKCD? Maybe I should pop on over and make a few comments in that thread.